Squeak & Mozilla

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at launchpados.com
Thu Apr 29 17:29:55 UTC 1999

You might also consider the complementary idea - using Mozilla as a plugin
to Squeak, so that it can do all of the hard work of a modern,
fully-capable web browser, with Squeak providing the rendering and
front-end.

>Hi all:
>
>I've been playing around with the most recent CVS builds of Mozilla
>(www.mozilla.org) and I had a thought yesterday...since Mozilla is
>completely open source, it would seem the ideal browser to build some
>kind of Squeak plugin for.
>
>I realize there is an ActiveX plugin floating around out there, but for
>us non-Windoze types it doesn't help a whole lot.  I'm just thinking it
>might be an ideal way to promote Squeak, the same way Netscape promoted
>Java.  And the thought of everyone having access to  Squeak Pages in
>their web browsers just makes me smile too...

Duane Maxwell         dmaxwell (at) launchpados.com
CTO                      http://www.launchpados.com
Launchpad, Inc.                 (619) 578-8500 x226

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
    and not necessarily that of Launchpad, Inc.