Automatic proxy configuration

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Fri Apr 23 05:23:36 UTC 1999

Thanks for the help.  Eric's advice was actually enough to go on, I hadn't
considered the possibility that the *.pac file would be a readable text
script file.

Also, I did manage to read the *.pac file with Netscape (partly by luck)
by looking at the parent directory and then downloading the .pac file.
Once I looked at the file it was fairly obvious what the proxy host and
port number were.

I'll add a short summary about this to the Firewall page of the Swiki.

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net