corrupted changes file indices?

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Thu Apr 22 16:54:59 UTC 1999

Dan,

Considering the size of the changes file and the sheer number of new things
that have been introduced since SqueakV2.sources was generated May 23, 1998
-- and the fact you'll probably put out a version 2.4b anyway -- would it be
a good time to create a new .sources file? I realize you like to do this
with major version releases, but if you plan to let 2.4 stand for a while it
might be nice to have a matching .source file to distribute with it. In
fact, having the .sources file track the minor version releases (like
SqueakV2.4x.sources, SqueakV2.5x.sources, ...) might be less confusing for
many, and reduce the overall total footprint of a Squeak system in the
process.

-- Dwight