QuickTime in Squeak

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 26 20:51:03 UTC 1999

I remember reading that someone on the list was working on a plugin
primitive to allow QuickTime video to be displayed on the Squeak Display.
I just read that QuickTime 4 (beta available off
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/) includes MP3 playback.  How hard would it
be to get Squeak to play generic files through QuickTime (on platforms that
support it)?  Admittedly, a Squeak-based MP3 decoder would be more fun, and
I do understand that MP3 isn't such great quality -- but there's a lot of
MP3 files out there, and playing with them in Squeak would be cool.

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu