Squeak 2.4 -- unix version out???

Ian Piumarta Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr
Wed Apr 21 18:47:19 UTC 1999

ftp://alix.inria.fr/pub/squeak/unix/2.4/

	i386-linux-2.0.36
	alpha-osf1-v4.0
	sparc-solaris-2.5.1
	sparc-sunos-4.1.4

If anyone wants ppc-linux, sparc-linux or (with a suitable bribe) hpux
then send me email.

Note the new "plugins" directories under "bin", one for each of the
supported platforms.  These currently contain the GSM primitives as a
".o" file.

Note also that the 386-linux version is for libc6.  I'm no longer
supporting libc5 (use this as a good excuse to upgrade ;-).

I've not tested the new VM much (it's been a very long day), so please
let me know of any problems ASAP.

Rolling your own VM now requires three steps:

	make mkdir
	make
	make modules

(I'm too tired to include "modules" in the default target today; I'll
do it sometime Real Soon Now.)

Enjoy.

Ian