[REQ] Remove ddmmyyyy

Reinier van Loon R.L.J.M.W.van.Loon at inter.nl.net
Wed Apr 28 09:57:20 UTC 1999

Dan,

the message Date>>ddmmyyyy is used only once (Utilities class>>changeStamp)
and is quite American based (e.g. Dutch format is d-m-y, German is d.m.y
etc.).

I propose to remove it and change Utilities class>>changeStamp to use a
unambiguous format (month names?) to avoid confusion. If I see 12/3/1999, I
think 12 maart 1999 (12th of March of 1999) instead of December 12, 1999. It
always takes a while to notice the error (quite annoying). I haven't looked
but I'm sure there's a ISO standard for this.

Attached an update for Utilies class>>changeStamp (prints as yyyymmdd with
zeroes). It's also very funny (*NOT*) to make a mistake in changeStamp (you
can't save any method anymore using a browser...). changeStamp is more a
kernel thing instead of utility.

Reinier.

(In case you were wondering why so many messages today: I'm taking a few
days off because my 4th child and 2nd son was born on the 16th (there, I
found a way to say it)).

	filename="Utilities class-changeStamp.st"

Attachment converted: Anon:Utilities class-changeStamp.st (????/----)
(00009848)