[ENH] Wheel mouse support for Win95/98

Reinier van Loon R.L.J.M.W.van.Loon at inter.nl.net
Mon Apr 19 11:40:52 UTC 1999

Hallo Bert,

>How do you get Squeak to scroll without a Squeak side change? I assume you
>did not just map the wheel to the cursor up/down movements.
I did just that. Wheel up == Key up, Wheel down = Key down. Simple but
effective.

>The "usual" behavior of the wheel is IMHO to scroll without affecting the
caret's position
>position, and to scroll faster than 1 line per event. That's why I sent
>the little "scrolling" changeset last week (which is, in fact, independent
>of the VM change so should work with your solution, too ...)
Is that why you used the command modifier?
I couldn't figure out why you did that, so I just chose key up and key down.
I thought command-up was reserved for 'jump to top of document' and
command-down for 'jump to end of document'.
I also couldn't figure out what the effect of the changes to the
keybuf-stuff was.
Please explain.

I'll have to look into mouse wheelin' for the NT version so I might as well
align my solution to your's.

Bis bald, Reinier.