Reinitializing global flaps

shaping at bigfoot.com shaping at bigfoot.com
Tue Apr 13 22:14:50 UTC 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Ingalls <DanI at wdi.disney.com>
To: Joshua Gargus <gargus at ugrad.cs.ualberta.ca>
Cc: <squeak at cs.uiuc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 1999 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: default text size problem.

> Josh -
>
> >Yet another idea is to destroy the global flaps, and rerun
> >whatever initialization method(s) created them during the
> >filein process.  I don't know how complicated this would be;
> >I've been unable to find out how to do this, either.
>
> Having just visited this region for other reasons (space reclamation), I
offer the following suggestion:

> 1.  Use the preferences... window to set useGlobalFlaps to false.
>
> 2.  Browse to System-Support/Utilities
>
> 3.  In the class pane choose class vars to inspec the class variables
>
> 4.  Select the item 'FlapTabs' -- it will show an orderedCollection
>
> 5.  In the value pane, select all that, replace it by 'nil' (without the
quotes),
> and choose 'save' from the menu or use cmd-s
>
> This should put you in such a condition that, if you then turn the
useGlobalFlaps  preferences on again, it will recreate things from scratch.

Dan/Reinier, I followed the above procedure for recreating all global flaps,
and it seems to have worked (all new windows have the expected highlighting
attributes when mousing over close and grow boxes).  However, the newly
created windows seemed to be clipped behind the example Morphic browser.  Is
this correct?  Why are the new windows  scoped tothat morph's viewport in
the current project?

Regards.