Can Squeak create sound files??

Alan Kay Alan.C.Kay at disney.com
Thu Apr 15 20:16:57 UTC 1999

Andreas --

Every morph can be written to a file and pulled back in (look at the debug
menu in the red halo button).  You can get the morph back via the World
menu, new morph, from a file, etc.
     Also, any page of morphs (and any bookMorph of pages of morphs) can be
written out and retrieved, both via a file as mentioned above, and as
"SqueakPages" from your local disk or from a remote server (look in the
"middle <<>>" menu at the top of a bookMorph.

Also check out the various codecs for sounds in Squeak.

A way to get things working on every machine is to invoke Squeak from the
browser as a helper and just run your apps in Squeak using SqueakPages
(that's what we do). HTML and all its excretions are very weak tea for what
is needed on the Internet, so it's a good idea to get off HTML and into
something more powerful and flexible as soon as one can.

Cheers,

Alan

-----