Thinking about a better UI

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Thu Apr 15 17:42:56 UTC 1999

Just for the record, I usually have a number of apps and windows active at
once, but each of them is maximized -- meaning I'm not using them in the
overlapping window paradigm. Only in Smalltalk do I normally have a number
of non-maximized overlapping windows going at once. [BTW, I assume most here
know you can expand the Start bar to have two or more rows of buttons.]

Has anyone here experimented with creating windows with the title bar and
other machinery to the left or right of the window? It would seem to be a
much better match to the usual landscape screen layout, since you have more
space to play with horizontally.

-- Dwight