Scrolling Preferences

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Tue Apr 27 18:14:57 UTC 1999

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> I would also like the scrolling framework to be more modularized. Have a look
> at how VisualWorks factors the scrolling / bordering / displaying
> functionality. It seems much more logical to have a scroll wrapper into which
> you can place any morph cleanly than to have PluggableAnything and others be
> subclasses of ScrollPane. Displaying an arbitrary VisualComponent in a
> scrolling pane in VisualWorks is a breeze compared to the relatively clumsy
> Morphic ways of doing it. Don't get me wrong, I just love Morphic, but it can
> still be improved.

I second that. Remember my key-and-mousewheel scrolling file-in? I had to
patch at least three different methods where scrolling was handled in a
slightly different way ...

/bert

--
 Bert Freudenberg                                       Department of
                                                        Simulation and