[PWS] PWS only meant for Swiki?

Reinier van Loon R.L.J.M.W.van.Loon at inter.nl.net
Fri Apr 30 16:27:53 UTC 1999

I tried to use a PWS for something else then a Swiki. I created a Server
directory, but did not copy the files as mentioned. I copied the method
initializeAll and stripped some actions. I tried to start the server but I
got the message

'The path to the Server folder is wrong.
Please modify the following method ...'

But the path to the Server folder wasn't wrong, there was a folder Server.

It turned out that the path to ...\Server\Swiki\page.html did not exist.

This would have been no problem if I had copied the server folder and it's
easily fixed by stripping the checkVersion message send.

But the message is misleading. And I think the checkVersion method is bit
Swiki minded. We should put something like that in a method called
checkSwiki.

Or is PWS only meant for Swiki's?

Macarena.