Problem with ThingLab

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Apr 19 01:28:07 UTC 1999

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 12:45:40AM +0200, Reinier van Loon wrote:
> Pierre,
>
> >Do you use ThingLab?  If so, can you tell me which
> >Squeak image you are running (v2.2, v2.3?).
> >
> Yes, I run ThingLab (I fixed the original version and am still working an
> improving it). I'm running it in a virgin 2.3 image (no updates).
>
> What configuration do you have and what problem exacty are you experiencing?
>
> Reinier.

I'm seeing the same problem(s). I downloaded ThingLab-v2.zip from UIUC
and installed it in an updated Squeak 2.3 image on Linux. The errors
occur when trying to use the "delete" action in a ThingLab Browser window.
When the cursor enters the picture panel, I get various "message not
understood" notifiers from messages sent to a DisplayRegionHack object.
Class DisplayRegionHack is part of the ThingLab distribution.

ThingLab works fine in MVC as long as I don't try to delete any objects
from the picture panel of the browser. I think there are a few bugs in
the Morphic version (button 2 does not work right in the browser), but
I just went back to MVC to avoid this.

Sorry, I don't have a fix to post.