Please use [your brain when creating] accessors!

Bob Hartwig hartwig at ais.net
Sun Aug 1 06:43:25 UTC 1999

I must say, I'm disappointed by the rigid dogma of so many on this
obviously-not-black-and-white issue.

My only plea is that if you choose to use accessors for everything,
*please* don't use a tool to automatically generate them.  Before writing
an accessor for an ivar, decide if the ivar is private, and if it is,
prepend "pvt" or some other obvious identifier to the accessor.  And no,
placing them into a "private" category isn't obvious enough, IMHO.  I don't
want to touch your naughty bits any more than you want for me to.

	-Bob