squeak portability problem

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Tue Aug 10 17:16:35 UTC 1999

I just grabbed the mini.image and mini.changes from
ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/SmallSqueaksForPDAs/MiniSqueak2.2/
and plopped the image on top of my 2.4c VM for Windows and it opened
fine at 1 bit depth (BTW, 2 bit depth is not supported under Windows).
My VM is Squeak24c.exe dated May 8, 1999 from Andreas Raab's site at
http://wwwisg.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De/~raab/squeak/bin/

So, I'm not sure what is going on with your image -- I tried 1, 4, and 8
bit depths - all worked fine. This is all under WinNT4sp5.

-- Dwight