Please use accessors!

Andres Valloud sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Sun Aug 1 21:07:34 UTC 1999

Hi.

> 7. Whether Andres was wrong or right about direct
> instance variable access, it was not cool to come down
> on him like a ton of bricks.  Andres, on the other hand,
> should have simply questioned why the instance variables
> were not being accessed directly, instead of boldly asserting
> they should be.

I'd like to clarify something... the subject of my original mail is
"[Interval Problem] my 2 cents". I was hoping that my assertion would be
clearly restricted to the Interval fix being discussed. I made the
assertion based on the style already used in the coding of Interval,
that is, no accessors. Then... is this a bold assertion?

"I think it would be a good idea to remove the self sends..."

I'd rather say that a bold assertion would be more like

"Self sends must be removed..."

but I could be wrong since English is my second language.

Andres.