New Squeak Porting Proposals

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Thu Aug 19 05:10:07 UTC 1999

Dean,

What are the "tinyBenchmark" figures for the Casio E105? (Pardon me
for asking if they have already been posted to the Squeak list.)

To get these, just print the result of evaluating: '0 tinyBenchmarks'.
The value of the receiver doesn't matter as long as it is an Integer.
What you get is an estimate of the VM's bytecodes/sec and sends/sec.

Note that sound synthesis might be misleading since most of the work
is done by primitives. Try commenting out the "<primitive: xxx>" line
in, say, the FMSound primitive, to really give Squeak workout!

	-- John