[Newbie] A better MacSqueak

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 9 14:42:39 UTC 1999

Mark Guzdial <guzdial at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> >On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Chris wrote:
> >There are 2 extensions in the Mac distribution - Squeak3D and
> >SoundCodecPrims. When I first started, I got the warning from Alice about
> >not having 3D enabled. I put those 2 extensions in the Systems Folder,
> >rebooted, and everything worked fine. I've since taken them out, and put
> >them back in the Squeak folder and rebooted, and everything continues to
> >work.
>
> I keep the extensions in the same folder as my VM and image, and all is well.
>
> Mark

So do I and it's fine for me with both a 68k as well as a PPC system.  The shared library search path is (off the top of my head)

- directory where program is, so in our case where the VM is.
- extensions folder
- folders within the extensions folder
- system folder?

This is detailed in gory detail in the PPC runtime arch bit of Inside Macintosh, and, since it's been a while I'm not sure if I haven't dropped some of the possible places.  Even so, either in the same directory as the VM or in the extensions folder should be fine.  If I were you I'd leave it in the same folder as the VM.

cheers

bruce
---
Reality is 80m polygons - Alvy Ray Smith |
Bruce O'Neel - beoneel at mindspring.com
http://homepage.iprolink.ch/~bioneel/beo/beo.html - daily stuff