[BUG] (I think) with class variables and changesets

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 26 15:42:42 UTC 1999

Hi,
  I think I've found a bug with Squeak2.5.image and the Squeak 2.4 vm on Solaris, but it
also seems to happen on a 68k Mac with a 2.5Vm and a 2.5 image.

  The problem is that adding a new class variable to an existing class seem not to get recorded
in a change set.

  I did

../SqueakVM-2.4-sparc-solaris-2.5.1 -memory 20m Squeak2.5.image &

Save the image as test.image
Open a browser
Go to the ServerAction class

Add a new class variable Test, so the resulting display in the browser looks like:

Object subclass: #ServerAction
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: 'Test '
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'PluggableWebServer'

Save the change (alt S).

Open a Simple Change Sorter, which shows that the changes go to 'New Changes'
The change set 'New Changes' is empty, and you get a note to that effect when
you try to file out the changes.

I've poked, but I've yet to find the reason for this.  Do I misundertand something here?

Thanks!

cheers

bruce