Simple Morphic project

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Tue Aug 17 01:06:57 UTC 1999

Not to take a single thing away from Trygve (he's a hell of a guy,
colleague and computer scientist), but his main contribution was a driving
will towards multiple views of models and a first implementation of the
idea in an early version of Smalltalk-76. The separation of views from
models was already a fixture of "Utah Graphics" in the late sixties, and it
was the attempt to generalize this that led to MVC. (P.S. we didn't do a
very good job of it ...).

Cheers,

Alan

-----