And the Amiga? (was Re. GEOS Lives)

Steve Wart swart at home.com
Wed Aug 25 16:51:06 UTC 1999

This is too weird. Digging around I see that ZD is also claiming that
Gateway is "quietly" developing "information applicances" based on Amiga
technology. The new PC will use a Linux OS and it is not clear how much of
the orginal technolgy will be retained.

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2313303,00.html

I am beginning to have the sense that these ZD stories should be classified
into the "I'll believe it when I see it category". With respect to the GEOS
thread I started earlier, GeoWorks is not providing its SDK for anything but
the Nokia platform (whatever that means -- possibly the Wal-Mart story is
news to them, too).

I was able to dig up the following FAQ:

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/pcgeos-faq/part1_/faq.htm

But most of the links are broken, including the ones to the GeoWorks site.

>From now on, I promise not to post anymore misinformation from ZD unless I
can get a reputable third-party to back it up :-)

Steve