PWS Response Times Improved by moving mouse!

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Thu Aug 5 06:20:41 UTC 1999

Hi Lex,

I've also experienced this problem running on Solaris, with a 2.4 VM.  At
the time I ignored the problem because that setup was only a temporary
development stopgap before moving to a headless VM.  I assumed (without
much thought) that it was some sort of X-Windows problem...

This was with both unmodified and modified servers.

:)
Russell

>"Peter William Lount" <peter at smalltalk.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the Squeak Plugabble Web Server running on a FreeBSD box with Squeak
>> 2.4c and I've noticed something very odd. The response time of the server
>> is very slow or non-existant unless the mouse is moved on the server's
>> squeak x-window! I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and if there
>> is a fix?
>>
>> Here's the test page.
>> http://www2.smalltalk.org:8080/chat
>>

>Can you try downloading the newest VM and see if it still happens?
>
>Also, have you modified your image in any way other than setting up PWS in it?
>
>This is definately not the way it's supossed to work :)
>

>Lex

Russell Allen

russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com