Squeak Newbie...trouble running Siren on Windows 95

Thomas Livingstone t.livingstone at open.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 01:56:35 UTC 1999

Hello can anyone help me with this one...
  I am running the Siren Image with the V2.4 source files on the
Windows SqueakVM downloaded from the uscb site (Squeak2.4.zip) The
problem is with the class MIDIPort. When I try to use the test messages
on MIDIPort the MIDI fails to open. I have debugged it as far as the
method primOpenMIDI: socket: which calls primitive 610.......
      What is strange is that there are no such problems with the class
SimpleMIDIPort which can see all the Midi ports on my soundcard
(Turtlebeach Tropez plus) just fine.
     I am completely at a loss....... has anyone out there got Siren
working with Windows 95 ???? (you're probably all on those big flash
over-priced Mac machines.......)

     Any offers
             Tom Livingstone

Attachment converted: Anon:vcard.vcf 13 (TEXT/R*ch) (00012255)