metaclasses

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Thu Aug 5 17:57:57 UTC 1999

At 13:30 -0400 8/2/99, Jason Karney wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am interested in learning more about meta-classes and how do
>Object/Behavior/etc. really work. Besides browsing them, can anybody
>recommend a
>good roadmap? Thanks.
>
>Jason

I still have the foils from a tutorial I gave at OOPSLA in 1990,
co-authored with Jerry Archibald, called "The Behavior of Behavior".
I think the version I have is actually from one given at a Digitalk
Developers Conference in 1993 but they differ only slightly.

Some of the talk is very Digitalky, but a lot is general.

I have it in PDF format if you are interested.

Dave
David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY