Exception Hierarchies

Stephen Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 16 18:54:35 UTC 1999

This is an interesting point to debate. I placed them under Error simply
because the default behavior for the TFEI Notification class is to be a no-op
*unless* it's handled, and I wanted these two to pop you into a notifier as
you'd expect. Perhaps we need a third abstraction for non-errors that
nevertheless interrupt the running process.

The second point is more important -- if these are not caught by a handler
for the generic Error, it makes it quite hard to deliver end-user
applications.

--

stp
  Stephen Travis Pope -- http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp