Collecting Smalltalk idioms

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Tue Aug 10 13:44:13 UTC 1999

Following up on Ivan's excellent suggestion, I regret to say I
couldn't find the suggested #do:withSeparator method in the Squeak
release.  Am I missing something?

Perhaps I misunderstood that he was suggesting the addition of a
method to the collection, or perhaps he was suggesting an enumerator
present in other Smalltalks?  If so, this only brings me back to the
questions noted in my original message:

	(1) What idiom should be used, if any, for this operation; and
	(2) Should we routinely make changes to Collection for this
sort of thing?  What criteria should be used to decide when to do so?