[ENH][GOODIE] Alignment for SimpleHierarchicalListMorph and DirectoryExplorer

Bernhard Pieber pieber at acm.org
Thu Dec 23 13:56:46 UTC 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF4D55.EEA653E0

Bob,

Thank you for your feedback!

I fixed the bug you found by making empty directories not expandable. In
order to be able to distinguish them from files I chose to leave the size
column empty. Besides I added sorting as you suggested. I changed
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph for that in order to make sorting a
responsibility of the model instead of the ListItemWrapper.

It seems that I introduced a redraw bug when I added the alignment of the
column contents. It happens when I open the menu on one of the right aligned
columns. I tried to find the reason but I screwed up my image in the
process. I think the best solution will be to throw away my alignment code
and use some standard Squeak class for that.

I appreciate any suggestions regarding this problem and any feedback on the
design.

Happy Holidays
Bernhard

Attachments:
"Change Set:  HierarchicalListAlignments
Date:   23 December 1999
Author:   Bernhard Pieber

This change set adds three minor features to Bob Arning's
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph:

First it makes sure that all the columns (besides the first) are aligned
vertically. This was not the case for different indentation levels.

Second, it allows to specify an alignment (left, center or right) for the
contents of each column.

Third, it makes sorting a responsibility of the model instead of the
ListItemWrapper."

"Change Set:  DirectoryExplorer
Date:   23 December 1999
Author:   Bernhard Pieber

This change set implements the DirectoryExplorer which allows to view
directory contents using Bob Arning's SimpleHierarchicalListMorph and
requires the change set HierarchicalListAlignments.23Dec219pm.cs.

It does not access the file system directly but uses a class DirectoryNode
which can be used to cache a certain directory structure. However, the node
can be refreshed at any time. The directory structure can be sorted by the
different columns in ascending or descending order.

The DirectoryExplorer can be used as an example for the use of the
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph and the alignment enhancements."

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF4D55.EEA653E0

0,2613,2,6168,0,

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF4D55.EEA653E0

0,2613,3,11179,0,