primitiveSetDisplayMode not sent?

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed Dec 8 05:43:29 UTC 1999

Neil,

> I'm porting Squeak (to the Palm OS), and

Good luck with the project!

> I'm finding that the VM routine ioSetDisplayMode is never called.
> I can't find that <primitive: 92> is ever called.
> It seems to me that setDisplayMode should be called from
> setExtent: depth: in DisplayScreen.
>
> Does that seem right?

Probably not - the idea of ioSetDisplayMode is to programatically set the OS
display resolution (such as for fullscreen games). It is currently unused
because most Squeak users probably *would* mind if Squeak just changes the
display resolution rather than integrating with the OS window system. I
guess that the primitive will be very useful in some (not too far) future
but for now it's quite safe just to ignore it (e.g., just replace it with a
stub that does nothing).

  Andreas