[Q] constant class pointers?

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed Dec 29 06:58:00 UTC 1999

Andrew,

> (I always wondered why the interpreterProxy doesn't provide
> direct access to the special objects array, which would be
> another useful place to safely store remappable information.

This would be an extremely bad place to store arbitrary information about
remappable OOPs. Mind you - the special objects array contains 'special'
objects, not just any objects. If you store some pointer into slot X which
is not used in 2.6 but *is* used in 2.7 then you'll just break the system.

  Andreas