[Newbie] Is squeak thread-safe ?

Guillaume Rams guillaume.rams at sema.fr
Thu Dec 16 14:56:57 UTC 1999

Hi all,

	I want to know if the squeak interpretor is thread-safe. Because I would
like to compile it as an ActiveX that implements the IActiveScript interface
(WIN32 platform specific, sorry). Such ActiveX are interpretors for
scripting langages in IE or windows scripting host. Microsoft provides DLLs
for JScript and VBScript, but they don't fit well with heavy-scripted pages
on the client-side and someone has made a PERL implementation also. Using
squeak would enable scripting like this I guess :
<SCRIPT language="squeak">
	(NodeList with: (document tags: "DIV")) do: [:t | t innerHTML:
"<H1>Foobar</H1>"]
</SCRIPT>

This raises a few questions :
 - is the interpretor thread-safe ?
 - can the image be stripped easily of all display-related stuff ?
 - how do I wrap an external COM object into a squeak object ?

Guillaume Rams