Reading keyboard state

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Fri Dec 3 12:32:38 UTC 1999

AFAIK, there is no way to get the current keyboard state for the regular
alphanumeric keys, like you can for modifier keys and mouse buttons.

Is there any way to check whether eg. the key 'i' is pressed at the moment?
The keyboard events can't do this, and I've even had problems processing the
keyboard events when a mousebutton is down (even though the keyboard focus
is nil). Sometimes I get them, but most of the time I don't, even though
they appear on the tape of an event recorder.

This is esp. useful since the modifiers are mostly used up by mimicking
mouse buttons.

Henrik

< = > .