[Newbie] Is squeak thread-safe ?

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Fri Dec 17 19:41:54 UTC 1999

> Well, I know it may be considered poor design, so no flame please.
> I think that there is some kind of instanceof or iskindof
> when you inspect a COM object (I'm really NOT an expert of it).

That's too bad - I had hoped I could ask you a couple of really nasty
questions ;-)

> I wanted to use a factory that holds a dictionary that
> associates a IFooBar interface to a IFooBarWrapper
> class in the image.
> If there is no association, let's use the IGenericWrapper
> class (I'll try to find a more accurate name). The generic
> wrapper only knows messages dispatched to the wrapped COM
> object (and Object class messages of course).

I am not sure if I understand exactly what you're trying to do. It sounds to
me like you're trying to wrap COM objects in Smalltalk so you'd send a
message to a COM object that's being passed on to Smalltalk but which will
in turn call a COM member function?! Is that right?! [I'm somewhat confused
here since I can't really make out what's part of the ST side and what's
part of COM and who's going to send what message to whom...]

  Andreas