[Enh] Generated -> Sampled Sounds

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Dec 1 02:58:33 UTC 1999

--============_-1268105171==_============

Attached is a change set that implements
AbstractSound>>asSampledSound.  This enables you to convert a
synthesized sound (e.g., PluckedSound hiMajorScale) into a sampled
sound, which can then be saved out as AIFF, WAV, whatever.  Useful
for dynamically generating a sound for a Web page.  See the preamble
for an example.

Side story: I remember asking about this over a year ago, and Andreas
Raab sent me some leads on how to build it, but I couldn't figure it
out then.  Today, it took less than 10 lines of code.  The
intervening time was spent learning WHICH 10 lines of code to
write...:-)

Mark

0,1856,2.2,1242,0,

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu