A y2k countdown clock

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Wed Dec 22 12:14:33 UTC 1999

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Benjamin Fried wrote:

> Very neat! Now I've got to see if unbinhex does the right thing on a
> unix box...

I'm using uudeview (an enhanced uudecode) for this - it's included in SuSE
Linux, but you can get it at
http://www.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/~fp/uudeview/.

> Scott Wallace wrote:
> >    y2kCountdown-sw.cs Name: y2kCountdown-sw.cs
> >                       Type: Macintosh BinHex Archive

Scott,

it'd be nice if you could append an appropriate extension for BinHex
archives (hqx? I'm not sure), because after saving the attachment the
filename looks like a regular changeset but it is still encoded. So before
decoding it I need to rename it first. It'd be even better if we all used
a non-propriatary encoding method like base64 which every mail client
is able to handle.

  -Bert-