[Newbie Q] Running headless on Linux

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Fri Dec 3 07:22:36 UTC 1999

On Fri 03 Dec, Jiwon Kim wrote:

> I finally figured out how to do it on Windows NT & 98, i.e. by doing
> the following code in workspace (thanks, Georg :-)
>
> Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: false.
> ...my stuff...
> Smalltalk snapshot: false andQuit: true
You might find it 'cleaner', for some value of 'cleaner' to put your
code in a .st file and specify the filename in the commandline. The
biggest advantage is that you can easily edit the file without touching
your image, or specify a different file to do a different job and so on.

--
Useful random insult:- Living proof that nature does not abhor a vacuum.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)