Stupid Turtle

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Dec 22 15:52:21 UTC 1999

Hi

Some of you ask me if I can put the turtle code available.
Look at http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/PubHTML/Teaching.html#Turtle

But do not expect too much this is extremely simple and stupid.
I'm not a scripting (morph...) hacker.

I wrote some notes they are available in french and in Word 6 and word 98
:(sorry

I would be interested by any kind of feedack.

I'm currently reading the book of abelson on Turtle geometry
this is quite hard (too mathematical at the end, even the middle)
but they have some nice ideas that I will use in the following notes and new
versions of the turtle.

The main difference between a turtle and a pen are:
	turtle turns positive in the mathematical sense
	they have a pretty stupid and limited interface
	the 0 at 0 is bttom-left instead of top-left

By the way the gola of the notes and the turtle experiement is to
use turtle to teach programming concept not math.
Have fun.

Stephane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch) http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/

University of Bern, Institut fuer informatik and Mathematik
IAM-SCG, 10 neubruckstrasse, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland.