[BUG][FIX] Browser very deep copy

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Sun Dec 5 23:30:38 UTC 1999

Steve's fix actually restores the exact code that had existed for
this method up until a few days ago.  The method in question for some
reason got removed from the system by update 1661.

Perhaps Henrik and/or Ted will weigh in on why update 1661 removed
the method.  For copying of browsers to work correctly, that method
had been essential -- yet the preamble for update 1661, which
stripped the method, states:

    "... Also fixed (sic) veryDeepCopy of a live Browser."

It's possible it was just an error in update 1661, but it's also
possible that there was a good reason and that some other problem
(perhaps relating to image segments) *was* fixed by removal of the
method.  So before publishing a formal fix to this newly-reintroduced
bug, we need to hear from Henrik or Ted.

Until then, alpha-testers beware: browsers launched from flaps, or
from a Parts Bin, will have the problem that Steve describes.  (Deja
vu: this bug existed briefly in Squeak 2.4, and was fixed last April!)

   -- Scott

I think Steve is right that forthcoming changes may make the issue
moot, but for the time being we need to get this right.