Squeak Window

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Fri Dec 17 18:36:37 UTC 1999

I know not many of you care, but on the Acorn:-

> >*) Is there anyway to lock the extent of the window,
> >so that the user cannot drag or re-size any of the
> >borders?
It turns out that you can't resize the window by dragging; you haveto use
something like Display  setExtent: blah depth: foo; beDisplay
So it you prevent that being done, no problem.

> >*) Is there anyway to change the window type to a
> >modal, or a palette, or an un-bordered/titled window?
Sure! Use the AcornSystemCall to find out the window handle and call the OS
call to change the decorations. Easy. Maybe.

> >*) Can the Squeak VM launch the image without making a
> >window visible (ala the headless system)? Any issues?
It does this anyway; I made it so the window is not created until and unless
the beDisplay prim is called. If you use a startup file and it does nothing to
cause any sort of displying, the Display is not initialised and the window
never appears. Easy!

tim

--
Strange OpCodes: LINO: Last In, Never Out mode
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)