caching of screen display...

John Duncan jddst19+ at pitt.edu
Thu Dec 2 17:09:31 UTC 1999

I used to run X over a 33.6.  It was a dog, but it was reminiscent of
running it on a Mac IIcx with NetBSD.  I got productive work done!  If
Morphic were retrofitted with a display server, it would be trivial to
build classroom applications, with real-time sound and video being the
biggest bandwidth problems.  The SRC folks came up with a distributed
teaching tool that used Network Objects, a predecessor to RMI.

-John