Intervals

Andrew P. Black apb at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Dec 2 02:20:56 UTC 1999

At 13:11 -0500 1999.12.01, Jarvis, Robert P. wrote:

>  I also changed the class comment in Interval to state that it
>expects integers for its start, stop, and step values,

As I indicated earlier, I believe that expecting Intervals to work
for floats is misguided, so I agree with the philosophy of making a
separate subclass for floats.

However, I would like to point out that the code that I originally
submitted, as fixed by Dave Smith and others, does work just fine for
fractions, where rounding errors and approximations are not a
problem.  So the class comment described above is rather more
restrictive than necessary.

	Andrew