Squeak/Siren vs Csound et al.

Daniel V. Oppenheim music at watson.ibm.com
Wed Dec 29 23:23:47 UTC 1999

I would love to see a squeak/music mailing list -- please add me if you
create one.

         Thanks

                 Danny Oppenheim

At 05:40 PM 12/20/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Michal Seta wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was just browsing the archives of the squeak mailing list and noticed
> > this thread about squeak and music and all.
>
>I'm in the process of setting up a special mailing list for this. It will be
>called siren at creaqte.ucsb.edu.
>

> > I have used Csound extensively in my music and still I am quite satisfied
> > with it (at least the synthesis side of it).  The real pain is score
> > generation.
>
>This is exactly the string point of Siren!
>
>[...]
>

> > Having said all that, I'm planning to dive a bit more into squeal and
> > explore the music/multimedia side of it.  I'm just starting with it so I
> > guess it's going to take a while (is the learning curved considered to be
> > steep ???) before I can contribute anything (or even
> > read code) but i'd be interested in following the development.
> >
> > Is there anyone else using Siren?
>
>We'll add you to the squeak/music list!
>
>--
>
>stp
>   Stephen Travis Pope
>   stp at create.ucsb.edu -- http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp

---

Daniel V. Oppenheim

Computer Music Center
	IBM T.J. Watson Research Center	     phone: (914) 945-1989
	P. O. Box 218 (or Route 134)	     fax:   (914) 945-3434
	Yorktown Heights, NY 10598	     www.research.ibm.com/music