I should have known better: method categories and file-outs

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 06:55:58 UTC 1999

=> 12/29/99 6:47:04 PM, dnsmith at watson.ibm.com =>
<< But is sure isn't what I wanted and I don't see any way around. I
want to categorize my new stuff. I want someone else to be able to
file it into some version of Squeak that is not identical to mine. In
theory the file-in could run across a wide spectrum of versions. >>

Dave,

ChangeSets are the way to capture a collection of changes. I thought you
taught me that, or was it the other way around. In any case, I am working on
a generalized 'difference' facility between two source descriptions (sound
familiar). At the rate I am going it should be ready about mid-Spring.

Jerry.