[UPDATES] - two more for 2.7alpha

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Fri Dec 10 22:26:03 UTC 1999

Dear Squeakers, Dan, Andrew,

My latest update: #1698.

After evaluating
	Environment reorganizeEverything.
following problem arised:

- Compiling a plugin as a subclass of TestInterpreterPlugin (the nice
stuff from Andrew) failed, because in TestTMethod there are direct
references to 'Smalltalk' dictionary/environment, but some classes are
moved to SqueakEnvironment.

I think it is very important for all that plugin support fully works
with environments before changing to the new environment philosophy as
standard!

Then there are some suggestions for improvements:
- Workspaces seem to refer to Smalltalk -> would be nice to be able to
choose the environment of each workspace;
- browsers should show the environment of each class;
- find class (in browsers) only works for Smalltalk environment; classes
in other envs are not found (but method finder works!).

Because I want to go further with working on my LargeIntegers plugin I
won't use environments at the moment; I think it will take some time to
get the plugin support working with environments and there are more
competent people to to this...

Greetings,

Stephan

--