[ENH] UnixFileDirectory tweak

Joshua Gargus gargus at cs.ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 15 23:32:16 UTC 1999

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

While playing around with Alice, I became annoyed that I had to
type in the full pathname to model files, when 'alice/Vehicles/model.mdl'
would be sufficient to find the file from the directory with my image.

The following changeset allows the use of relative pathnames.  I have
included it in the body of the message, as well as as an attachment.

Josh

'From Squeak2.7alpha of 8 December 1999 [latest update: #1716] on 15 December 1999 at 5:23:53 pm'!
"Change Set:		UnixFileDirectory-tweak
Date:			15 December 1999
Author:			Joshua Gargus

Attempts to interpret non-empty path names that don't begin with the directory delimitor as
relative path names."!

!UnixFileDirectory methodsFor: 'private' stamp: 'jcg 12/15/1999 17:19'!
setPathName: pathString
	"Unix path names start with a leading delimiter character."

	pathString isEmpty
		ifTrue: [pathName _ self pathNameDelimiter asString]
		ifFalse: [pathString first == self pathNameDelimiter
				ifTrue: [pathName _ pathString]
				ifFalse: ["treat 'pathString' as a relative path name"
						pathName _
							self class default pathName ,
							self pathNameDelimiter asString ,
							pathString]]! !