Dialect Ports

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Thu Dec 2 22:16:22 UTC 1999

At 04:35 PM 11/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At 21:47 -0800 11/28/99, Chris wrote:
>>I was wondering if there was any info or how-tos on porting from one
>>dialect to another in relation to smalltalk-80. To be more specific,
[snip]
>I've done some recent work on filing in IBM Smalltalk Applications.
>It isn't complete, it doesn't handle Subapplications for one, but
>I've successfully used it and it handles complete application
>fileouts.
[snip]

Have you considered porting my implementation of the ANSI Standard
Interchange Format (SIF) to VAST?

I sent my SIF off to a couple of folks who thought they might port it, but I
haven't heard that anyone has yet.

I would most happily send the Squeak version to you.

I'll even throw in the Dolphin version for 2.1 or 3.02 as a bonus if you
write now.  A mail clerk is standing by to process your request and rush SIF
to you via priority express email.

Bye,

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy