Auto Generation of Getters/Setters

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Thu Dec 2 18:29:04 UTC 1999

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Ali Chamas wrote:

> --- Chris Reuter <cgreuter at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
> wrote:
> > I once slapped together a goodie that adds a "make
> > accessors" menu
> > item to the browser.  Selecting it generated getters
> > and setters for
> > the current class for all instance variables that
> > had neither a getter
> > or a setter.  The only problem (and the reason I
> > never released it) is
> > that it wouldn't properly update the browser
> > afterward.
>
> Could i try a copy? Are you sure that the browser
> won't update? hmmmm...This little feature would be a
> great feature for the base image, even in the form of
> a confirm popup which appears after accepting a new
> class definition.

Actually, I think that in 2.7alpha, the browser would update, since the
browser auto-updating functionality was added to 2.7alpha.  Any change you
make to a class should propogate to the browsers.

The auto-updating functionality really is great, it's the only reason I'm
using 2.7alpha right now instead of 2.6.

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net