[UPDATES] More for 2.7alpha

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Wed Dec 8 12:07:34 UTC 1999

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Dan Ingalls wrote:

> . . . and there is yet a third way, that works whether or not you fetch
> the update:

.... if you have an ftp account on that machine.

> In the fileList, click on the top item (empty brackets) and you should
> see, among other things, the servers registered in your image, and they
> should include the update servers.

They don't, because updates are fetched by http. That mechanism via
UpdateUrlList is completely separated from the ServerDirectory stuff used
in the file list.

> If you click on one, you should get ftp access to the more than 1000
> update files.  Find the one you want to see, click on it, and Voila!

As I said, normal people won't get ftp access.

  -Bert-