A y2k countdown clock

Scott Wallace Scott.Wallace at disney.com
Wed Dec 22 18:42:49 UTC 1999

Hi, Yoshiki!

Note that the preference "allowSysWindowEmbedding" governs whether
you can drop a system window (such as a selector finder) into a
container.  I think most people normally keep this preference set at
"false" because it's a nuisance to have windows disappearing into the
interiors of playfields, book pages, etc.  On occasion, however, one
actually does want to embed a window, and placing a window onto a
flap is a prime example of this.

Thus, to get a selector finder into a flap, you can go through the
following ritual:

(a)  Launch a selector finder and deposit it on the desktop.
(b)  Set the "allowSysWindowEmbedding" preference to true.
(c)  Set the "fastDragWindowForMorphic" preference to false (so that you'll
        actually be dragging the window rather than its outline).
(d)  Pick up the selector-finder-window by its title bar, drag it over the
        tab of the desired flap, position the window on the flap, and
        release the mouse button.
(e)  Restore the preferences to your preferred settings.

   -- Scott