Balloon 3D performance

Jan Bottorff janb at pmatrix.com
Tue Feb 16 04:40:38 UTC 1999

At 06:37 PM 2/15/99 -0800, Raab, Andreas wrote:
>ObSqueak: I just got about 20,000 triangles per second on a P166 with
>Balloon 3D ;^)

Can you say more about the test conditions. Are these texture mapped,
z-buffered, perspective correct, 3D triangles?

To define a bit of 3-D performance perspective, the low cost ($150) 3D
accelerator (NVidia Rage 128) in the PC I'm on is rated at about 5 million,
texture mapped, z-buffered, perspective correct, 3D triangles per second.
I'm not sure the processor (Pentium II-266) can come up with 15 million
vertex values/sec though, so actual milage may vary.

- Jan

            Paradigm Matrix Inc., San Ramon California
   "video products and development services for Win32 platforms"
Internet: Jan Bottorff janb at pmatrix.com
          WWW          http://www.pmatrix.com
Phone: voice  (925) 803-9318
       fax    (925) 803-9397
PGP: public key  <http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html>
     fingerprint  52 CB FF 60 91 25 F9 44  6F 87 23 C9 AB 5D 05 F6