FileStream (BUGS FIXES)

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Tue Feb 2 18:15:36 UTC 1999

>Also tried 'root/fullpathto/ChangeSets/foo.b' and had no problem. This
>makes me think that there may be differences in how our various VMs
>consider their paths (well, duh) and that we are not yet covering all the
>bases. David's original problem looks to me as if his machine is behaving
>rather like my Acorn in that the default directory for the OS is not
>neccessarily that where Squeak is living. If this is so, then attempting to
>open a file 'email\text.1' might be trying to find 'c:\email' rather than
>'c:\squeakpath\email' or something like that.

yep, that's it, although there is a slight twist. the "root" happens to be
the windows desktop! (which is buried several directories deep on the C:
drive). i am not sure what the full ramifications of all this is. i need to
play with this some more and try to get a better feel for what exactly is
going on. hopefully i'll be able to do that this week and report back with a
bug fix.

dave

--
        j. david farber